Monday, June 22, 2015

Day 2 - Lincoln, Nebraska to North Platte, Nebraska

June 22, 2015

Well I set my alarm for 7am and didn't get up until after 9am. Oh well. We were on the road by 10:30am. We didn't really have a particular place to stop but we have to be in Riverton, Wyoming in two days for Cody to visit with his friends. So getting up late wasn't that big of a deal. 

We decided to stop at an RV dealership to explore the idea of buying a fifth wheel. Well, we walked away 5 hours later with a new fifth wheel. 





The fifth wheel is smaller than the travel trailer we traded in but it fits our needs a bit more. There isn't a second bedroom which gives us more living space. The bathroom is bigger. Most importantly it's a fifth wheel rather than a travel trailer which makes it so much easier to drive with. 

It seemed like we were at the dealership for a long time, because we were, but that's because they had to install a fifth wheel hitch in the bed of our truck and we had to transfer everything from one RV to the next. You don't realize how much stuff is in there until you have to move it all. At one point I was just sitting in the new RV in the recliner and I could just envision all the good times we will have in the new RV. I could picture Cody and I sitting in the recliners holding hands and drinking wine while just talking about the day.  I pictured laying on the big couch with the kids watching a movie. Then I went into the old RV and sat for a minute just thinking about all the memories I made in that RV. In fact Cody and I had our second "date" in the old RV. It's funny how something as minor as buying an RV envokes so many emotions by making you think about different memories you have made. I am blessed beyond words. I have no idea why God feels the need to be so good to me but he is. 

A little after 5pm we got on the road without a particular destination in mind. We just jumped on I-80W and figured we would drive until we felt like we wanted to be done for the day. We knew that when we got to a campground that we would have several hours of unpacking and organizing. 

We ended up stopping at Holiday RV Park in North Platte for the evening. So overall we drove a little less than 4 hours today. No big deal because we only have 7 hours left to drive tomorrow until we get where we wanted to be by Tuesday evening. 

After setting up camp we went to Fort Cody and Whiskey Creek Restaurant. Fort Cody is a little trading post and the restaurant was a BBQ place. 






No comments:

Post a Comment